So as most of you know, we bought a house in June. We moved in the week of The 4th Of July. We stripped out the pink, orange, red, and green carpet throughout the house. The upstairs had nice hardwood floors underneath. We took off the wallpaper, painted the walls. Matt did can lights throughout. It still is a major construction zone. We plan on never moving again, so this house we will take our time and do it how we want to live in it forever. Here are some joys I am finding out....
-I never knew how excited I would be to have a fence put up! It's almost as exciting as getting a new purse!
-I value the dollar alot more. I wish it would stretch alot more. How can you spend $120.00 on fence supplies and that isn't including the wood, and all I had was two small bags of parts?
-My blue counter top in the kitchen has started to blend in. I am afraid I will start to like it! J/K
-Carpet costs alot! Especially when you need it for your addition, and your whole downstairs!
And why am I thinking about using my carpet savings to get a 4-wheeler?
-I love being able to walk in my underwear around the house! I forgot how great it is to move out of the relatives and be able to do that!
-I love being able to hang anything I want on the walls!
- I love Swiss Days and finding such fun stuff to decorate with!
-I love having a great neighborhood where my kids have so many friends to play with, where we feel safe, and where we can take nightly walks with the kids and dogs.
-Mostly I love sitting on our porch in a chair with my husband and watching the sunset over the Great Salt Lake. The view is almost as good as the Hawaii one's we used to watch.
It really doesn't get much better that this! Thanks Matt for the house! I love everything about it!
4 comments:
AHH... SO FUN! I want a fence! I need to come see it, now that you are all moved in... When is the party??
I long for a front porch. We have a back patio but it just is not the same. I miss sitting out with my hubby and watching the world go by. One day!
Anyway, we are so happy you love your home.
I am going to take your word for it that a fence is as exciting as a new purse! Glad everything with the new house is going well.
I can't wait to see it. It sounds gorgeous! The views are beautiful up there.
Post a Comment