Oakley and Taylor went to Primary Children's Hospital on Tuesday and got their adnoids and tonsils out. They were so brave! We bought special p.j's to wear. They had fun playing with the toys while they were waiting, and the nurses were so nice to them. Oakley went first and she got the loopy medicine before going in. She just looked really tired and sat on my lap. Taylor went in 1/2 hour later. She also had the loopy medicine and she was so funny. She was making funny jokes, she kept closing her eyes while she was talking, and she said some sentences that made no sense at all! They did good in the recovery room. They mostly complained about the I.V. in their hands. They were able to drink root beer and fruit punch slushees (Tay couldn't keep hers down though). While the anesthesia was wearing off, Taylor kept asking the same question over and over "Do I get to go in a Wheelchair?" I don't know why she was so obsessed, but they got to go out in a wheelchair! They are doing really great today. I have to keep reminding them that they had surgery and they need to take it easy!
7 comments:
I'm glad to hear they are doing well. My son got his out when he was 3. It was the worst time of my life.
I hope the recovery continues to go well. Good thinking to do them at the same time.
I hate seeing my kids sick. But I do love that they cuddle more.
what was your doctors name?? i need to get Reyna's tonsils out...her pediatrician gave me this long list, but when i asked her who she thought was good...she said any of them....i want one that i know is going to be good with her..ya know....
Good luck w/recovery! Don't you just love Primary's? They are so good! Kids on anesthesia is pretty dang funny though....
Melissa, is that you? Melissa Peck, well I guess now, Melissa Sovic? It's Laura Fullmer- Myers, now Jamison. Think WAY, WAY, back, then you will remember me! I can't believe your cute, cute family!!! It sure is fun to see what everyone has been up to! I go to one persons blog and end up seeing a bunch of others that I recognize. This whole blog thing is new to me...I'm still trying to get mine going. Hope to hear from you! Laura :)
AHH MAN! No fun! I am so glad they are ok now! Two at once... wow! Fun for you! Tell them good job!
What happened to the girls? I am sorry they had to go to the hospital.
Post a Comment