Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oakley's Prayer

So I am not going to lie. I am not the greatest mom at making sure my kids say their nightly prayers. I want them to, I think they should, it just seems like I am so tired trying to get all 3 of them into bed, that I forget. Or maybe I am just tired and I am just running out the room so I can go sit on my bed and catch my breath.

I am trying to do better, and after the few last nights, I am so glad that I am. This is how Oakleys prayers have been going:

"Father Heaven, I bless that Taylor will get up in the morning, I bless that we will have a good breakfast, I bless that Heavenly Father comforts, I bless that Jesus will come give me a goodnight kiss, We had a nice day today, but it's not the day anymore, it's night time. I bless that Silicia will come down (that is matt's sister that passed away), I bless these things in the name of Christ and Jesus amen."

I just love the innocence of her and all her "I blesses".

3 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I am terrible at bed time prayers. I am glad that we do them at dinner time. However, in church, all of their prayers include "bless the food that we will grow big and strong"!

John and Charese said...

I LOVE IT! I absolutly love when my kids say the prayer. Logan is starting to say them on his own, and my heart melts. And when they pray for brother or sister... it is so cute!

Tiffany said...

LOL! I love her blesses too!! William fights us on saying prayers, but when he says them they are pretty funny and usually include some reference to transformers....