Do you ever have those days where your mind just runs, and runs, and runs.....just like this sentence? Lately I keep having those days, and they are not stopping! Such a overload. Maybe putting it on paper (my computer screen) will help me out.
The school year is ending REALLY soon! The kids just finished up their 3rd term. Where has this school year gone?
How many summer activities are my kids going to be in? I have always felt that if they are busy, it keeps them out of trouble. I think I am in trouble though. I feel like I am running 24/7 everywhere and summer will be even busier. What have I done?:)
When the kids go back to school in the fall, where will that leave me? I think I am going to lose part of my identity. I have really enjoyed staying at home with my kids, but I am getting to that point where I would like to interact with other people. I loved working before I had kids. It was mainly the social part of it. Plus the money. Who am I kidding? It was only about the social part and money!! I love my mornings with Oakley where it is just the two of us, but she will be in 1st grade next year. Who's kid can I hang out with??? J/k That sounds a little weird.
There are no more little's in our future, buy I wonder if I would like babysitting? Or do I need to get out and work with adults?
What about the times that I need to be home? Can I find a job that allows me a 9-4 during the week with the summer off?
How do you deal with people who mean well, but can drive you up the wall? I try to be a open book, a tell it like it is person. Sometimes I have a hard time doing that to the ones I love. Sometimes I want to say "You put yourself in this position. Why do I have to bail you out over and over?" Who is the adult here??? And what about respecting your elders? For the love! Make it easy!!!
To finish the basement or paint the outside of the house. That is the question my friends. One tiny budget. Two big projects. Hmmm.......
Where is Spring?
Should I put my little into a summer school program so that she can do well in 1st grade? She really, really, really, does not like to do homework with me. She is a little behind some of the kids in her class. I know Kindergarten is the foundation for learning, and she needs some help. I feel like I am failing her when it comes to her schooling.
There are many more thoughts, but I think that will do for now. I don't want my kids to look back at this and think "What the crap was wrong with her?"
(Yes Mom, if you are reading this I put "crap" in my journal. Yes Mom. I know you hate that word. Yes, I know I have a construction workers mouth. Blame it on dad:)
4 comments:
Your kids are going to look back and say, "Mom sounds just like me!" and then know that everything works out and that it's normal to stress and have random thoughts.
I wish I had money to hire you to come keep me company (hey adult conversation) babysit my kids (see? you can borrow a kid anytime) and help you build your basement (where i could come and escape. only if sconecutter is closed, right?)
Let's put our heads together and solve this upcoming summer issue of kids and activities. I have the same worries!
And whoever needs to respect their elders... do we need to quote Aretha Franklin? C'mon. Listen to Melissa.
:)
Holy CRAP we need a girls year!!!
I hope you feel a little bit better after unloading....I feel like I need to do the same thing!
You are one of the best women I have ever met! I love you and the example you set for me.
I loved this post. Thanks for posting the truth. No, it doesn't mean you're feeling sorry for yourself. It just means you're admitting to one of those "crappy" trains of thought we all have almost every day. And then look at you--your top three posts are all about feel-good things. THat just shows what an amazing attitude you have. You are really fab. And I'm worrying about many of the same things, girl!
Post a Comment