Monday, May 4, 2009

Random Thoughts.......

We went to my aunts house and she has painted all of her upstairs. I love it! So I go home and decide I need to paint. I bought some paint awhile ago to do Parker's room, so I pull it out and get going. Parker helped my move all his furniture out, and then we ripped out the carpet and pad. I will miss the beautiful red, yellow, orange, shag carpet! NOT! The room is full of wood paneling. My solution?? Paint it! So Parker is getting a red and blue room because he loves the Utah Jazz and the Utes. Red AND Blue??? Yep. Not great for resale, but fabulous for my son who is the only one downstairs and needs to have a fun room that he wants to be in.

I am painting and I hear Tay throw a fit. I hear Matt put her in her room. She screams for awhile. Not once does he come and get me to make me deal with it! Love it~!!! He starts to put them to bed and still doesn't bother me. Who is this?? I would be bugging him like crazy asking for help! Fabulous night!

Parker and 4 of his friends are playing and one of the boys gets wrestled to the ground by another boy. He thinks he could have been "Killed". Seriously!! No joke. All the boys go home. Next thing I know there is the dad of the hurt boy wanting to talk to Parker and find out the story of what happened. Parker goes out and tells the dad what happened. I am so proud that he is not afraid or intimidated by this father. Also it helps that the dad handles it so great and talks about everybody's side of how they felt. To Parker it wasn't a big deal. He didn't do anything, so he has nothing to worry about when he tells his side of the story! I am so amazed that he is growing up so fast! What a great kid he is!

Church yesterday- Our lessons are on Self Reliance and Serving. I love my class on Service! What an amazing group of people! I am in awe with how cool these people are! We laugh (yes in church we are allowed to laugh), share stories and just have a really great discussion. I learn how much more there is to Service than I thought before. My goal is to put myself out there more. Be aware if people need to talk ( I have a problem with talking too much so I guess I need to listen more), be aware if they need help, understand that it's o.k. to ask for help.

With all these little things going on, I am so grateful for such a great life. Matt has a job and works for a great person and has great coworkers. Our kids are doing great! They are healthy and happy. Their needs are met more than I would have ever thought we would be able to provide. We have a fun, old, charming house that we love. We have such great neighbors and friends. We are blessed! Life is great! We are happy! Isn't that all we really want in life is to be happy?


"Whatever it is you are feeling is a perfect reflection of what is in the process of becoming" Author unknown

2 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I love the quote! Perfect!

Sounds like you are loving life and that makes me so happy. It makes me enjoy mine...trials and all!

Anonymous said...

what a great post. How uplifting.