This weekend Matt and I were under the weather. We got sick Saturday, spent the day in bed Sunday, and yesterday I spent the day in bed again. Matt was feeling a little better and went to work.
I have days where I think of things that I wish Matt would do as if he could read my mind. Sometimes it is bringing home flowers, other times it's not gong to the gym and coming home to help me with the kids. I have noticed that over the years I will come up with something that I want him to do, and I start to convince myself that he is going to do it or buy it for me! Then when it doesn't happen I am bummed, and I think "What's wrong with him!!", and feel bad for myself. I have had to learn that if I want a certain present, or have a certain expectation for him I need to speak up. He can't read my mind. We don't think the same way all the time. Poor guy! He has put up with alot now that I think more about it:)
So yesterday he went above and beyond what I was "hoping" he would do. Parker had scouts after school and I asked Matt if he could be home from the gym in time. He said sure. So my throat was killing, and I sent a text to Matt that soup sounded soooooo good. Next thing I know, he calls me on his way home from work and asks me what kind of soup I want. Then he comes in the house with soup and sprite. He skipped the gym for me~!!!!! If you know Matt and his love for the gym, then you will understand it was HUGE for him to come straight home! What a Man!!!
3 comments:
How nice! I hope you feel better!
Im so sorry to hear you were sick. It's great that you have a wonderful husband to take care of you. Makes you feel a lot better even if you are super sick.
I totally know what you mean about speaking your mind instead of just thinking that they should know. It is funny that we do that, isn't it!
I hope you feel WAY better tomorrow! It always makes me feel better to have Derek help with just the little things when I am under the weather.
Hey, I actually just thought about that picture just the other day. I know that I had one just like it, but I have no idea where it is stashed!
It is a classic...something you would see in Napoleon Dynamite! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Post a Comment