Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yay! Matt's Home!

We are so excited! Matt came home home Sat night. We were so excited to go pick him up at the Airport (poor Parker was too sick to go). He had a great time in Tonga and was able to see alot of things. He said that it made him very grateful for all that we have. He said a Policeman in Tonga makes $100.00 a week! How hard would that be to live off of that!! We love the Polynesian Culture (that's why we lived in Hawaii) and it was great for him to see another part of it. Matt brought us home alot of neat things. He got the kids Mask's to hang on their walls, carved pigs, turtles, and dolphins, tiki statues, and a really neat swordfish that has a neat carving on it. He brought me alot of beautiful jewelry and a few bracelets for the girls. We are so glad to have him back!

When he arrived at the airport in L.A. they had to grab their bags and check them in at Southwest. A lovely person on his flight had packed wet fish and it leaked ALL over Matt's bag. It smelled so bad that as they were walking up to Southwest, the agent said "Eww! What is that smell?" !!! It was pretty bad, and our car didn't smell to great on the way home, but it is now washed and sprayed a million times with Febreze and smells alot better!

I am so glad I had my friend Charese ( her hubby was there too) to help me make it through! We talked, IM'ed and hung out a ton! Thanks for making the long trip down here so much girl!!! I miss our late night chats:)

2 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Yipee, I am so glad to hear that.
What an awesome experience for him and your family.
However, you must be so happy to have him home again!

John and Charese said...

Sorry I am so slow... NO problem! I loved the hangin out, late night chats and all the fun as well! Let's do it again soon! I just hope the hubby's don't go away again soon. Let's get together and play with the hubbys HOME!