Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bear Lake








Bear Lake!!! How fun right!?! Well a week before we went, my parents and I had been talking about going on a camping trip together. I was only able to find a spot at the Idaho State Park in Bear Lake and we decided that we would go the following week for 4 days 3 nights. The next week my dad informed me that he would not be able to go, but my mom (who was sick) said she would still go. She packed up and then called me a few hours later to let me know she couldn't make it! So it was just the kids and I!!! We left and made our way up there. It was quite the drive since we had to go to the Idaho side!! Parker and I set up our camp and then we went down to the beach. The water was SO warm! The dogs loved it and so did the kids! That night the dogs slept great! I was so worried that they would bark all night at the creatures, but they didn't . Bella even slept in Parker's sleeping bag with him! The next day we spent at the beach again. It was hot, hot , hot. Later we played card games in the tent, but could not cool off! We were dripping!!! There was NO shade anywhere down there! Not even under our shade tent! So we decided we were done and wanted to go home. I know. It's sad. Only 2 days instead of 4! We started packing up at 7:30 p.m. and Parker said "Mom, we are never going camping again without dad!" I agree! We totally take all he does for us for granted!! We made it home about 11 p.m. (thanks to 1 lane traffic on the freeway!!!) My cold shower never felt so good! Oakley and I are sunburned, but it was still alot of fun!! Next time I will go with Matt, on the Utah side:)

8 comments:

Paige Nicolle said...

Cute pics! The kiddos in the pics are also freakin cute too:) Glad you had fun!

John and Charese said...

So fun...you are a good mom! What fun! Glad you are safe!

Tiffany said...

You are an AWESOME mom! I would of said no way! At least you made it for as long as you did, snaps to you!

Tiffany said...

cute pics!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

YOU ARE CRAZY! I don't think I could ever do that. I would be to afraid. I am a wimp!
You are crazy and brave.

The Peterson Family said...

You are such a go getter! How brave! I couldn't have done it!! Glad you made it back home safely!

Emily said...

I'm still impressed you went at all!!! You've left your mark on your kids and on ME!

Love the new background design and your header pic is darling!

Laura and Ryan said...

It actually does sound like fun.. even if it was for 2 days! That's awesome!