Taylor and Parker saw the dentist a week ago and they both had 2 cavities. One in a baby tooth and one in a permanent one. The dentist also mentioned that Parker needed to see a Orthodontist soon. Happy Happy Joy Joy!!! So Parker went to the Ortho and we found out that he needs a bumper on the bottom, and a palate spacer on the top. Poor kid! He will have that for 6 months and then braces on his top four and bottom four teeth for a year. THEN he will get full braces when he is 11 or 12 once all his teeth are in! And we also found out he has TMJ really bad and may need to do something for that if the spacing doesn't correct it. Just for his first spacers and mini braces we will be shelling out $2400.00 and who know what we will pay when he is 11. Who knew kids were so expensive:) Actually I am grateful that he is getting all this done while he is young and before it gets any worse.
So here is the best part. I was really worried about Taylor getting her cavities filled. I love her, but she is a HUGE wuss! She freaks out when she has a loose tooth! When she went for her check-up she kept blocking the girl from brushing her teeth because she wanted to know if it was going to hurt. So when I picked them up from school I brought their children's liquid Lortab from when the girls had their tonsils out. I thought it might help take the edge off for Tay. We also didn't know if they would give them much for the pain. So we got there, Tay was first. She had this really cool visor with earbuds that she put on and picked out a movie. She also chose Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream Flavor for the gas (thank goodness they had that!). She got all numbed up and the dentist took all of 10 minutes to do the 2 cavities! While it was being done, Tay started saying "Hi Uhh" and doing karate moves. She was using her arms and legs!! It was SO funny! I guess the gas felt really good. I was trying not to laugh, but I couldn't stop. There was a intern in there and the poor thing was laughing so hard she was crying! Tay would also reach up and touch all the instruments and go "OOOHHH". It was awesome! She did so great! Parker thought Tay was crazy and he said he wasn't going to act like her and he didn't. He said he didn't feel a thing! I am so grateful for that dentist! She did such an amazing job!
2 comments:
As you may well remember, I "love" the dentist.
All I can say is keep the gas coming! It is a brilliant use of it!
Kaitlynd has had to have some before and Derek took her. He said it was so funny. So next time she gets gas...I get to go. (It may be the only time I ask to go to the Dentist!)
How about Tuesday, May 5th? Lunch?
Post a Comment