Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

What a weekend! We started off with having Matt out of town for the month of May,(Happy Mother's Day to me:) j/K). The kids and I made lunch for my mom on Saturday. It was so great to have lunch with her and show her how much we appreciate her. I am so grateful for all the sacrifices she has made to have me in her life.

Then it was off to the In-Laws to visit and go out to dinner. We had a nice dinner and then played at the park with the kids. I loved that the weather was so great! My Mother-In-Law is so kind to always give me a gift on Mother's Day. Bless her lovely soul she gave me another hanging flower thingy.....my goal is to keep this one alive for more than a week:)

Today was a day of sleeping in, (I made the kids promise they would let me) waking up to very cute notes of how much I am loved. Then off to church we went. I am in the Primary Presidency and we had put together cute pics of the kids that had a border around it and had "Happy Mother's Day" on it with a magnet to hang on their fridge. They put the picture in a card that they had decorated on the outside and then on the inside it had cute questions for them to fill out. Like "Why did you mom marry your dad?". My kids response? I got 2 "He's cute" and 1 "Because he had hair back then!". Holy LOL!!! Love it.

By far the best part for me was seeing a video that the Bishopric put together for the moms. (With help from at least one wife:)
The video had kids of all ages and also some women talking about how they love their moms. My sweet friend Emily had recorded a message from Taylor on it. Can I just say I bawled through the video? It is what I needed and more. Sometimes we wonder if we are doing o.k. and it was so cute to see my Tay unrehearsed tell why she loves me. I just melted. And I must throw out a "You don't know how much that meant to me" to Em!!!!

I am so grateful to be a mom. I wanted to bring these kids into the world. I own it. And I am so proud to be called a mom. It's hard, it has it's days, but there are so many rewarding days that I wouldn't change anything. So "Thank You" to all you mom's out there. What you do everyday is special and amazing!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Mother's Day my beautiful friend!! What a nice Mother's Day gift, I didn't get to go to church today so I don't know what the mother's got...

Paige Sovic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paige Nicolle said...

That is so sweet!

Emily said...

Meliss. The primary questionnaire was my favorite thing EVER!! I think we all need to hear from our kids candidly on Mother's Day. I am so glad I got Tay on the video. The whole time I was working on it she was such a bright happy spot that made me smile every time. Clearly your kids LOOVVVEEE their mom at your house.
Yay for sleeping in and waking up to notes!!
Lunch soon? :)