(Not my sink, but you get the point)
I have a habit of making sure something goes wrong while Matt is out of town.(I do it just to make sure he knows he is needed around here:) Totally kidding!!) I have mentioned before the backing into the garage door that required a new door opener, or the never ending leaking bathroom tub nozzle that turned into a 3 day project for a kind neighbor that fixed it for me, just to name a few.
Today I decided to make a wonderful dinner of Meatloaf and Potatoes for dinner. I peeled my potatoes and put them in the crock pot and put the Meatloaf in. Feeling so great about having a dinner that would be ready for the kids when they got home from school, I continued in the kitchen and cleaned up my mess. I sent all those peels down the disposal. Ladies. DO NOT DO COPY MY AWESOMENESS!!
Next thing I know the sink is filling up with water and will not drain. I called Matt later that night to fill him in on the fun. I told him "No biggie. I can go without the disposal for another two weeks till you get home." Brahaha! Guess who decided to do a load of dishes in the dishwasher? Yep, the smart one over here. I came upstairs tonight to find my sink filled to the top with nasty water. I scooped it out into the other sink. I was almost done and then I heard a big whoosh and noticed my feet were wet. The pipe popped off. Lovely. Then came the call to Matt. It was only midnight where he was, no big deal:) He told me to call my dad in the morning. Pshhhhh! This girl cleaned up the water, re-attached not one but two pipes that had come off, and found the potato peels in those pipes. Pulled out all the potatoes, re-attached everything and now has a working disposal! Now I am not bragging by any means. I am just saying "Woo hoo for the girls team!"
5 comments:
More like 100 points for the girls!! Plus all the empowerment points that they collect for the rest of their lives. Good job, Mom!
Boo that it even happened, though.
Do I get two points for fixing the sink right in front of Derek? (I think so!!)
I clogged the sink with carrot peels (I peeled a-ton of carrots...I don't like the yucky skin.)
My mother taught me to use a toilet plunger when you clog the sink with peels (Although I try to avoid it and sometimes forget to use the trash can.) It works like a charm. You only need to Clorox the sink when your done!!
Love you girly!
Way to go! I don't think I could have done it. Although, I guess I might be amazed at what I would be able to do if I HAD to. I probably would have sat down and been in tears!
YOU GO GIRL! That was one thing John stopped me from doing when we were 1st married. Never put potato peels down the disposal! Lol :) I can't believe u fixed by yourself. I would have just sat and cried! GOOD JOB!
Yay!! Good job girl!!!
Post a Comment