Monday, January 12, 2009

Loving my man

So Matt left this morning to go work on the Oakland Temple. It was a surprise trip and I was kinda bummed because he will be leaving a week from Thursday to go work on the Tonga Temple. Not to mention he was up in Logan last week working on the temple there. (We did get to go stay with him for 2 days). But I wanted a few extra days to hang and do a family party with Tay since he will be gone for her birthday.

I don't mind that he travels, but our kids seem to get a little wilder when he is gone which can get old real fast. So this weekend I was kinda pathetic and having a little pity party for myself.


While I am doing this, here is what my husband did for me:


1.Got a snow blower from his dad and tuned it up so that it is working and I won't have to shovel the snow. (The first day he was in Logan I shoveled over 6 inches, and another 4 the next day.)


2.Put new hardware on my front door that has a lock so the kids can't open it and let the puppy out. (As we were leaving to Logan, Tay let her out and it took me 1/2 to get her back home.)


3. Properly installed our doggie door. (I put it in when I went to Logan, but not very well.)


4. Checked the oil in my car, put air in my tires.


5. Took us all out to a nice dinner Saturday night.


6. Spent alot of time in the laundry room with me folding clothes for his trip.


7. Reminded me of how blessed we are that he HAS a job, let alone a great one. (He does have a awesome job, with a awesome boss, and awesome co-workers.)


Need I say more? I was telling him thanks for all he did and he acted like it was no big deal. It was a huge deal to me that he cares so much for my needs that instead of relaxing for his 2 days before flying out, he spent it doing things for me. I love him so much and I feel really lucky to be married to such a great guy.

3 comments:

Took said...

what an awesome hubby/daddy! hope time flies while he is away!

love,
took

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

That makes me so happy. To know that you have such a wonderful person caring for you! You are truly blessed.
What a great opportunities he has to travel and work on some beautiful buildings!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Derek and I were laughing so hard. Just so you know you are "special" in a not Biggest Loser way!

I love that show!