Monday, December 1, 2008

The Diet From.......

I have decided that I need to lose some weight. I decided that along time ago, but just recently decided to get my butt in gear and do it. (We are going to Mexico in March so that is another reason too!) A year ago I was on steroids for my allergy's to get rid of the swelling and I gained 20 lbs in a month from them. Lovely! As easy as it was to put on the weight, it has not been easy to lose. I have lost 15 out of the 20 lbs, but need to lose a good 25 more. So here starts the fun!

My brother-in-law is a health fanatic. Not really but I like to give him crap. He gained some weight on his mission and a little more when he got home. Before he left for his mission, he was really cut. He worked out alot and was on a strict diet. He did the same diet when he got home and just from the diet alone he dropped 20 lbs in 2 months. So I decided to try his diet. Trust me it was hard to cave because I LOVE to make fun of his diet!! He is always cooking eggs, or chicken while we are eating my mother-in-laws yummy dinner. So sorry Shane! I am now eating my words!!

The diet is eating every two hours. There is alot of eggs, turkey wraps, chicken, protein shakes, and lots of water. It is tuff for me because I am a vegetarian. Not because I want to save animals, but because I don't like the taste! So this one is hard for me. I am doing the turkey, I tried to do tuna, but it was gross! I am doing fake chicken that is really good. I am into day 4 and I am already feeling a difference. It is hard though seeing my family eat yummy things and I can't. But so far so good at staying away from the temptation.

Wish me luck! I will need it!!

4 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

...HECK!! That sounds super hard. Good luck and let yourself enjoy a few carbs here and there!!!

Anonymous said...

-Good luck-
Dieting is a never ending battle. I recently lost 70lbs. and you would think... She must have the diet thing down. Well the fact is it's just as hard today as it was the first day.
I wish you the best and you have now inspired me to start again giving it the full 100% rather than the usual 70%. Thanks!

The Peterson Family said...

Good Luck! I wished you lived closer so that we could do this together and work out together. It is good to have a partner in doing these things. I just have no motivation and with the holidays here I can forget a diet! But I seriously need to watch out, it's gaining up on me quick!!

About Us said...

Good Luck to you! Dieting is always so difficult, but it is a good thing to not overindulge, especially this time of year. (Sigh) Let me know how is goes.