Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hawaii Bliss

Thanks to my wonderful parents and in-laws, I was able to take a trip to meet up with Matt in Oahu, HI. Matt had wracked up enough miles for me to use, so off I went. Ahh the bliss of humidity. People hate it, I love it! My hair is a wreck, but I am cool with that. As long as I have warm weather, and the beach:)

The guys from Matt's work were all staying in a condo at Turtle Bay and they were very kind to let me crash with them. Matt's boss even gave up the master bedroom for us:) He rocks! The view out the lanai on the condo was amazing. I started to wonder why we moved back to Utah??? Oh ya, family:)





Matt's birthday was on the 21st, and it was also the day of the Dedication of the Laie Temple. We were able to go with Matt's boss and sit in the chapel on the Temple grounds and watch the dedication. What an amazing and overwhelming spiritual experience it was for me. I have been to many dedications, but none have affected me the way this one did. The Temple had been closed down for almost 2 years while they redid everything inside. Matt had worked for over a year on that project. He had alot of trips back and forth to Hawaii. I think he is so lucky to have seen the transformation of the Temple. President Monson was there and his talk he gave was utterly amazing. The members over there were so thankful to have their Temple opening again. I was overwhelmed with their emotion during the dedication. I really felt the spirit as well as the Aloha spirit from them.





We spent an evening at the North Shore. One of my favorite places to watch the surfers. They had a competition going on earlier in the day that we missed, but we were able to watch some surfers who were still at it.
Matt had told me about the Buddist Temple that he had visited before and after a few days of trying to make it over before it closed, we made it! It was so beautiful!! I love how it is nestled in the mountains. Hawaii really is a magical place. I love the culture, the people, the beaches, and just the ambiance of it. Everyone deserves a trip there.

I really loved that time with Matt. This last year I added up the days that Matt had been gone.

In October,he had already traveled for over 200 days. He works really hard for us, and there isn't a day that goes by that I am not thankful for him. I am also so very thankful for his job. They take such good care of us and treat us like family. Thanks again to all our family who helped take care of our kids! I know they were in good hands:)


3 comments:

The Peterson Family said...

Looks Like PARADISE!!!

Tiffany said...

Ah SO nice! We need to go there.... Hopefully someday! What an awesome experience of being able to attend the dedication!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I had to take a few deep breaths while looking at this post.
That would be SO amazing. The temple, the beach...your husband to share it all with.
LUCKY! (and I am so happy for you too)