Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tooth Fairy


A few weeks ago Parker lost a tooth. Matt and I totally dropped the ball. I went to go open the doggie door, looked at Parker asleep on the couch and thought "AHHHH! Tooth Fairy!!" I ran in our room, grabbed a dollar, told Matt we had failed at parenting, and ran back to the T.V. room. There sat Parker awake. "Parker, here's a dollar. Can I have your tooth? Oh ya, Dad and I are the tooth fairy." He didn't look too surprised, took the dollar and turned on the T.V.

I didn't feel too bad. The kid is almost 10.

Fast forward to Monday night of this week. Parker looses a tooth that has a bracket from his braces on it. Looks pretty weird. Oakley starts jiggling her first loose tooth. Then she eats a apple, jiggles it for hours, and accidentally hits her mouth on the metal post from her bunk bed. Out comes that tooth.

Oakley is ecstatic! I give Parker the "Don't you dare spill any info" look and get the teeth ready for the night. Our neighbors were doing fireworks late, the girls were talking and giggling listening to them. Matt had left out of town that morning, so I am on my own to get this done. I wait a hour and a half. Kids asleep. I have nothing in my wallet but a debit card. Oakley would LOVE that!!

I go to the change jar and grab as many quarters as I can find. $1.00 for Parker, $1.50 for Oakley since it's her first tooth. Girls are asleep, I make the first drop. Parker is up listening to his new IPOD Touch, BUSTED!! "Go to bed. Shut it off. Here's you money, hand over the tooth:)"

Next morning-Oakley "Mommy! There is Tongan money in my bag!" Shut the door, window, and anything else!! Matt put some of his money from Tonga in our change jar, and it looks JUST LIKE A QUARTER!!! Busted!! Me- "The tooth fairy must have been doing Utah and Tonga!"

On my way to work I call Parker to remind him not to blow it to the girls. "Mom, they know it was you. They were fake sleeping."

Busted again!

4 comments:

Emily said...

OK, so if that's the worst parenting you've done, you are a mighty successful MOMMA! Whoever started this tooth fairy business was probably some kid who was great at fake sleeping anyway!

HILARIOUS you guys.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

FUNNY.

We are totally terrible at this parenting gig....sorry but it is true.
Must be our parents fault! Hahaha.

Paige Nicolle said...

OMG! Funniest story ever! I just read that to Shane and we died laughing!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! I cant wait to let Reyna know im the tooth fairy, she's almost caught me a few times..but she's only 7, gotta keep them believing for a while. Josh is almost 5 1/2 and has not lost a tooth yet...sooo i wonder how long i will need to play along.