Monday, January 11, 2010

2010 Confessions

I have a friend who I will not name....but I will say she is known as one of the Em's. She has gone through alot these last few months. In her blogs she is brutally honest. She puts it all out there for us to read. Sometimes she might feel like she is going to be judged by her brutally honest posts, but I love her for them! I think all too often we think as women, mothers, wives, religious women, that we need to be great at everything we do. There is no room for failure, right? Blah!
So here is my dirty laundry for all of you to read. Laugh at it, judge me, think I am nuts.... I don't care!!:) I need to free myself and just let it all out!!

1. I workout in the early morning and then come home and go back to bed.
2. I miss my hubby pretty bad on this trip of his to Vegas, and it is taking everything I have to not drive down early to be with him. (We get to go on Friday to meet up with him, but I want to go NOW!)
3. I hate to clean with a passion. If I know you are coming over, I run around the house picking up like crazy!
4. Sometimes I eat nachos in bed while waiting for Matt to call me. Even though I have told myself not to eat anything past 7 p.m.
5. I often take on more than I should.
6. I don't know how to say "No" when I already have a million things going on. "Sure I will make those cupcakes. 60? No problem!"
7. I tell myself that my kids need alot of sleep and that it is o.k. that they start to get ready for bed at 8 p.m. Really I just want a hour to myself.
8. My bedroom is the biggest mess! I have bags of clothes for D.I. sitting around, crafts not finished, shoes all over.
9. I in the past have crash dieted for big things. Weddings, family pictures, vacations.
10. I can talk a ton. Ask any of my friends or neighbors. Put me in Sharing Time with the kids in Primary, and I freeze! I also don't do talks or prayers any better. Yesterday I had to say the prayer at church and I literally "prepared" my prayer. Yes, I practiced all of the 3 things that I said before I went up there.
11. I do pretty good with Matt being gone. In the sense that our house stays in order. The kids needs are taken care of. But I miss him like crazy! He completes me in so many ways that I miss seeing him drive up and spending the evenings with him.
12. I go tanning.

Thanks. I feel much better:)

5 comments:

Emily said...

I love this. You are now officially real. Which you always have been and that's why I love you so much! You have your own way of being real with a splash of niceness, that's all. And no one faults you for that splash, know what I'm sayin'? I love the confessions. I may copy if I get brave enough, although most of my posts are confessions if you think about it....LOVE YOU MISS MELISS

Just me and my girls said...

Ms Melissa..

All I can say to you is that you are absolutely AMAZING. You are a fantastic mother and wife and just admitted something that we all do!!!

Thank you for being you, and being in my life.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I think we are alike in just about every way. Except, I do not miss Matt! Also, no tanning for me...I always think that because of my skin color...I am a shoe in for skin cancer (but I used to).

:)....I love ya!

Macon Family said...

Wow, if that's the worst you got...you're awesome!!!! Honesty feels good though-thanks for being real!

Unknown said...

This is officially my favorite New Years post ever. Why don't we all share confessions instead of resolutions?! In fact, our resolution could be to confess instead of resolve. Thank you! I too clean up right as I see anyone pulling up in my driveway, and a lot of other things. Even though I daydream I'm a skinny DH (desperate housewife) cleaning my already-clean house in my heals and skinny jeans and fab hair. (That's why it's called a dream.) I have a friend who makes her goals for the year on her birthday, instead of New Year's, and I think that's a pretty good idea. And I have to point out one thing you're GREAT at: loving your husband. I have always admired how much you miss him, and how highly you speak of him, and all else. Being a loving spouse is an underrated quality. And you did say no, you were too busy when i asked you to color my hair. Remember? I was so proud of you! I would hate for you to say yes when you really don't have time. I loved your honesty. You are quite a woman. Love you.