Last night I made little presents for the kids to take to their teachers for Christmas. This morning I told Parker that I was putting his in his backpack. He came running over and tried to make me put it in the front pocket (where it would not fit),so as I unzipped the other part, he grabbed something and held it behind his back. I love the kid, but he has been known to sometimes take candy, toys & air soft guns to school. I asked him what it was and he said "Treats for me." I said "Let me see what you have!" He reluctantly showed a little gift bag with a homemade tag on the front that said "To Katty. Merry Christmas. From Parker." OMGosh!!!! Poor kid had tears in his eyes and was SO embarrassed!! I took him to my room and he showed me that he had taken one of my bracelets that he said "was lying around." It just happened to be one of mine from Hawaii that I love, so we found him another one, some candy, and a box. As he wrapped it again, I saw another note in there that said "Merry Christmas. Sorry it isn't much, it's all I could get." Is that not just the sweetest thing? I left him alone to wrap it all up, and didn't mention it again. Sovic boys don't do well with being embarrassed, so we will pretend it never happened:)
I just love that little guy. He showed me such a cute example of how Christmas is such a special time where we do things to show how much we care and are thinking of others.
P.S. We didn't get out cards out this year, but I love all of you! Thank you for being a part of our lives and have a fabulous Christmas with your loved ones!!!
5 comments:
What a super sweet story. Oh, I have goose bumps.
What a sweet little guy. You will be so happy that you recorded it.
Awww....I want to just squeeze him!
What a cute little lover boy. Tenderness all the way. It's a good thing you know how to handle these embarrassing situations tactfully so he can impress his girlfriend with dignity. Good job, mom!
BTW, I'm dying laughing over your socicisms! Sexy AND knows his ABC's? W-O-W (sexy whistle)
Oh how funny! A sweet little man for sure!
Oh how sweet!!
That is the cutest thing ever! I love the innocence of little kids!
Post a Comment